Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

Often when I wake up in the morning, I find myself thanking God for the many blessings in my life. I am thankful for the home that God has provided for my family – our terrace apartment in southern Spain. I am thankful for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. I am thankful that God has used CBF to send us here to minister to people from West Africa. We have had the opportunities to become friends with people from the places in Africa where we previously lived and learned the languages. It is so much fun to greet these precious people in their language from home. We have had the opportunities to meet people from Senegal, the Gambia, Nigeria, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Mali, Cameroon, Mauritania, Morocco, and Algeria, as well as people from Latin America and Romania. I Chronicles 16:8 “Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.”

I am very thankful for my three precious children and my husband.

I Thessalonians 5:18 “Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” I am even thankful for the times when I am really missing my extended family back home in Texas. A friend once reminded me that if I didn’t have such a great, encouraging, and supportive extended family, I wouldn’t miss them so much.

The key to happiness…might simply be found in being thankful to God for the blessings He has already given us.

No comments: