Tuesday, December 2, 2008

One Day Jesus Will Call My Name

When I was in college, I remember going on retreats and sitting around the campfire in the evenings. A couple of guys would usually pull out their guitars and we would all sing choruses. One that I have been thinking about a lot lately goes something like this…

“One day Jesus will call my name

As the days go by I hope I don’t stay the same

I want to get so close to him that it’s no big change

On the day that Jesus calls my name.”

As Christians we strive to grow closer to God each day so that when we reach the end of our days and go home to be with Him, hopefully we will know Him well and it won’t be a big change.

We can grow to know Him better each day, by spending time with him in prayer and reading our Bibles.

2 Peter 3:18, “But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

No comments: